Rosie in Japan

Monday, July 04, 2005

Suitcases At The Ready

Got them out this weekend for my trip back to NZ August 7 - 27th. V excited. V excited. V excited!
They were pretty dusty but I had been waiting for the symbolic moment for a long time.
Had massive general cleanout of all cupboards - as Dan says you wouldn't believe we arrived to an empty house when we got here...
In two weeks the summer school term will officially close in Japan - which means I have been an ALT for a year now. Pretty amazing stuff.
Have got 3 weeks of sitting at the Board of Education from 8.30-11.30 after school finishes - will be spent watching DVDs. Will try very hard not to build a crusty outer layer of bitterness that I don't have unlimited nenkyu (paid leave). Will try very hard not to imagine what I could be doing if I had unlimited nenkyu. Will not be thinking of skiing trip, horse trekking, countless hugs from my nieces...
Only problem is - my one huge megahuge suitcase is full of assorted Japan crappola for the family. My tiny carry on is all I have for clothes.
Abused the shite out of myself for a) buying too much stuff for my family and b) spending too much money - and then went straight out and bought two yukatas (summer kimonos) so we can have a fashion show. Souvenirs Annonymous for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home