Rosie in Japan

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Blissful

First of all, Happy Birthday Christine! Fellow ALT Chris from Canada has her birthday today, we are heading to San Marco (fab Italian joint) tonight to celebrate. They have the best salad, pizza and even a whole cabinet of home-made ice-cream and sorbets.....OISHI!
Well, I just can't complain today. I am out on Oshima, an island 25 mins off the coast of Hagi. I have had 2 classes so far and it is everything good that the JET program should be - fun, helpful JTE (who has been overseas and realises there is life outside of Japan), students who expect to be spoken to in natural speed English and also respond when spoken to. Students who enjoy their classes and want to be there. Small classes of only about 10 kids. It's fantastic!
If only all my other students would talk to me this much....
Am in the advanced stages of planning Dan's birthday dinner on Saturday night. I am cooking him Italian food. We are having - starter - tomato and mozzarella salad served with basil and olive oil, to be dipped with crusty fresh bread - main - beef lasagne and green salad - dessert - baked espresso cheesecake with dark chocolate marbling - vino - red, Italian and lots of it!
Of course you can probably tell, its my dream to have my own cafe. Self-employment runs in the family and if you can make it work there are some exhilarating highs. Unfortunately growing up with it I also know the lows - what if I don't make any money this week, who do I hire, how do I do a business tax return, the endless cleaning - but yep I'm definately thinking about it for the future. Until then, Dan & friends are the guinea pigs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home