Rosie in Japan

Monday, April 18, 2005

Countdown Boredom

Am still tired after dancing the night away at Gerards birthday party on Saturday night. Am locked in a state of boredom/restlessness I think bought on by the fact that I am only 2 and a half days away from seeing my Mum! I can't believe it will have been nearly 9 months since we last hugged! Also anxiously anticipating our first fight (there will be many) knowing that the walls here are so much thinner. Oh well at least the neighbours won't know exactly what we are saying. Thank God I have Dan to mediate. Mum thinks the sun shines out of his arse of course.
Today's classes have been weird, I'm at Dan's base school and I had girls coming up to me and literally screaming because they saw us together at the supermarket yesterday. They asked if he was my boyfriend. Like, duh. How many sightings of us buying toilet paper and breakfast cereal together do they need. Me finally comfirming the truth was like dropping the bombshell of alien sightings. They found it all so unbelievable. Do Gaijins really have bfs and gfs?
We did a boring 2nd grade textbook question today about what team/club you are a member of. After just 2 of these classes I feel I can expertly predict the type of student in correlation to the type of club activity they do. There is always one girl in the class with glasses and very short hair who is in the choral club. The big boys who look like they eat a lot of katsu don do judo. The funky girls do art.
Dan is in Yamaguchi city today doing prep for an elementary school seminar he is teaching in June. Thus I will set myself the task of scouring and re-scouring the house this afternoon. Mum will find the dirt.
Plus, did I mention, I BOUGHT MYSELF A FRICKIN iPOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It really is the bomb. I am also going to (maybe) buy myself a digital camera this afternoon, I found one on special for a really good price.
Was so un-co eating lunch today I kept dropping my chopsticks. Didn't even drink on Saturday night due to driving. Ashamed at lack of bounce back now that I'm 26!

3 Comments:

  • OMG Rosie!!! I thought you were waiting for payday!! Glad to see the impressive lineup of ipods on Saturday night twisted your arm!! In the words of Osamu "It will revolutionise your life"!! Enjoy!

    P.S. what colour/type did you get!!?

    By Blogger Selene, at 3:07 pm  

  • p.p.s. Just saw Jo's photos from Saturday night...you sure you weren't taking sneaky drinks!? You looked as crazy as us drunken ones! Well done you!

    By Blogger Selene, at 3:16 pm  

  • don't fret about dropping the chopsticks... the 6 nensei that sat next to me at lunch today dropped his 3 times and his milk bottle once...not to mention the 4 girls that had to get up and spit their lunch in the sink becasue they were laughing so hard

    By Blogger Sarah, at 2:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home