Rosie in Japan

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Baa Baa Black Sheep

Every family has one, or in my case, a few. Black sheep that is. I think I was one myself for quite a while.
So today my mother's brother wrote to me, he's got a bit of a patchy past let's say, and I thought I would share his enlightened thoughts.
The postcard shows a lush green paddock (I don't know how to translate that for you Americans - grassy field?) and above that a snow covered mountain (Mt Cook).
"Dear Rosie, Hope this picture of home, that is if you live at Mount Cook, cheers you up. It's not sunny here at the moment. It's just starting to get cold. Otherwise it's the same old same old. Everything just ticks over and you either fit in or get out.
Katharine (my mother) said you were getting a bit tetchy up there. Just stick it out. The rewards will come when you turn into a well travelled polished cosmopolitan. Don't ever underestimate it. When you come back if you ever do you'll see what kind of hicks Kiwis really are. All my love, Kerry."
You heard it here first folks. Now get off my land before I shoot you, you varmint.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for the translation my friend. It is true indeed that my hick ways can never be broken. I can already forecast that once in NZ on holiday I will get drunk with my cousins and challenge them to arm-wrestles. White trash rocks. Last time I tried that I thought I was still 18 and could drink a bottle of rum straight. Dan had to carry me home after I blacked out 1/3 into the bottle...

    By Blogger Rosie, at 8:53 pm  

  • hey Gav! You will have to email me and keep me posted on what's been happening. Where are you living now? Are you still working at the same place?

    By Blogger Rosie, at 3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home