Rosie in Japan

Friday, March 25, 2005

Get Your Hot and Spicy

Just ate a lot of delicious hot cross buns fresh from my wee oven here in Japan. Easter is truly the time for miracles. It's probably my favourite Christian holiday. It brings back memories of cold and drizzly days where we struggled to get the dough to rise, and the ectasy of eating the hot cross buns with the best butter in the world (NZ) while watching Jesus of Nazareth for the 17th time. Just spoke to my family on the phone who had an Easter roast, the kids were screaming in the background, I miss them through the craziness. But everyone thinks their family is crazy I suppose.
Family is everything to me, when it comes right down to it.

3 Comments:

  • roise, your cooking prowress never fails to amaze me! you can make hot cross buns? complete with cross? am dumbfounded

    By Blogger J, at 5:59 pm  

  • Happy Easter Rosie!
    My mom and sister just arrived and brought enough easter chocolate and candy to keep every one of my japanese friends in the dentist's office for a while....if you need a kick of some american consumerism, just give me a ring :)

    By Blogger Victoria, at 11:56 pm  

  • thanks guys :) Jo I will have to make em for you when I come to Shimonoseki. Victoria you are so lucky, my Mum is coming soon!
    JD - a biscuit? Where do I start with you.......

    By Blogger Rosie, at 3:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home