Rosie in Japan

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Christmas Morning

Well it's not, but it feels like it. Yesterday was a really warm sunny day, and this morning when I woke up it looks like we got another one. It's such a nice treat in the middle of winter. Dan and I are alone in the house for the first weekend in God know's how long. We love having people here but being alone is nice as well, it means I can run to the toilet and put the jug on without worrying about which pair of embarrassingly ancient track pants I'm wearing. Speaking of clothes, I realised I live in gross polar fleece like, all the time. Bring on warmer weather.
So I'm gonna make blueberry pancakes from scratch and then hopefully go for a big bike ride. I showed the true impulsive side of myself on Thursday when I went out and spent NZ$300 on a new sparkly big mountain bike. My old one was crappy and I thought, stuff it, I want to actually enjoy getting around. I love treats. Last night we went out to Brens (Cali, US) for her famous eggplant parmesan and a chocolate tofu pie. I was in heaven.

1 Comments:

  • There is nothing wrong with your polar fleece. In winter, comfort is more important than fashion. I should know.

    love Dan

    By Blogger Dan, at 1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home