Rosie in Japan

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Bittersweet Baby

We finally have the newest member of our family. Meredith gave birth at 10:44pm on Friday 12th November at Masterton Hospital to a baby girl. Again, I thought it was a boy and we got a surprise. Mum claims she knew all along. I found out when Mum emailed my keitai (cellphone), I was eating dinner with my friends and burst into a blubbery emotional I'm-gonna-be-an-aunt-and-a-godmother-again state. I know I'm an aunty again, but I've told my family I am the godmother for this baby as well. Just no one else is good enough. My babies!!
Meredith had been feeling pains all afternoon, she went into the hospital early evening only to find she was half way dilated. She then dilated quite quickly and went into pushing just after 10pm. Unfortunately baby was not presenting straight on, trying to come out with the side of her head rather than the top of her head. The doctor figured out what was wrong, but baby's heartrate was dropping rapidly due to distress. Apparently in situations like that its touch and go and you have about 60 seconds to get the baby sorted. So the doctor whacked in the forceps, not an ideal birth but at least a safe and quick one. A real surprise for her parents, they had only thought of boy names, but we are so overjoyed that Dyson and Jodi have a new little sister. She has no first name yet, but will be called Lynne for a second name after Tony's Mum who unfortunately died last year. I am of course suggesting nice Japanese names like Ayana, Mika, Hana or Kana. No one is paying any attention to me!
It was pretty tough last night to not be at home right now, I did a lot of sobbing, a lot of thinking. I am planning my trip home in July, can't wait to meet baby and spend some time. I am stoked that Jodi's awesome baby clothes can be used again. Overall I'm really happy, celebrating. We have a new baby!!! Can't wait to find out what it's going to be named.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Rosie!
    Congratulations Auntie Rosie! July will come before you know it! See ya soon!

    By Blogger Selene, at 9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home