Rosie in Japan

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Ayumi goes to Tokyo

First, continuing on the parcel theme, I got the massive jam-packed suitcase that Mum sent me from NZ. It was soo fantastic to get my jerseys and winter PJs! As well as all the treats she shoved in there, just the whiff of home was so comforting.
My huge news is that Ayumi is going to Tokyo, which is amazing. She got 2nd gold at the Hagi speech competition and went on to compete at the Yamaguchi prefectural (regional) comp. To be honest I really didn't think she'd get a placing, it was great for her to just be competing. However! She pulled out a blitzing performance and surprised us all. The person who beat her at the Hagi comp came fourth overall, and Ayumi herself got second. November 25 will see her compete at the grand final, so yet more speech coaching. It will be very interesting to see just how far she can go. Awesome stuff. None of it would have happened it it wasn't for my amazing team teacher, Sakuma-sensei (the Anti-Aktins).
Everyone at Hagi Nishi Junior High and my Board of Ed was congratulating me, a nice feeling, and to top it off my supervisor then offered me re-contracting papers for next year! Usually they are not produced til about Nov/Dec, he expressed to me that the B.O.E really want us to stay and continue on. I would be very surprised if we didn't. We are really enjoying our lives here and the opportunities that this job brings. We have decided that we will travel to Korea, India and China while we are living in Asia, and then when we have had enough of living in Japan, Europe will be on the cards. These next five years will probably be the most exciting of my lifetime, which is a bloody nice thought.
Meredith's baby is now due in just 3 weeks. I am planning on getting a cell phone so that I can be contacted as soon as we have news. I just pray for a nice smooth labour! Hell she's done it before. I still have the bite marks on my arm from the final pushes....
Next weekend is gonna be a big one. We are travelling across Japan to Awaji Island to play in the massive JET soccer tournament, to be held in a World Cup stadium can you believe. Should be a great road trip and hopefully a chance to catch up with other kiwis sprinkled throughout the country. Next blog will be a massive moan about multiple injuries sustained from the event no doubt. As long as I can walk from the field!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home