Rosie in Japan

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Happy Birthday Meeeee!

Yep, today it my very last day of being 25. I leave this place with mixed emotions, lots of fantastic memories made this year but I'm also liking myself more and more as I get older. I reckon my 30's will rock. Will 26 Rosie be as fun as 25 that is the question?
Had a rockin' time last night, Ellen and her mother Margaret (who I met before when she and Ellen's dad stayed 3 months ago) and her friend Jodi came to stay and check out Hagi. Margaret cooked us some great Aussie food, meatballs with mashed potato! We got through 3 bottles of red wine and I have to admit I rolled to my futon last night. This morning in the office I was embarrassingly unproductive and achieved nothing more than watching the first half of Shrek 2 on the laptop.........we cured our hangovers with okonomiyaki that we cooked ourselves at the restaurant. Oishii.
We are off now to drive to Tamagawa to onsen (while contemplating the mysteries of life) and then go to Christine's house for my birthday party. Excellent.
The cherry blossoms near me have just popped out in the last couple of days, it truly is amazing. Like the life of a samurai warrior, brief but beautiful.
I have 2 big packages to open tomorrow, one is Hagi glass from Ellen (!!!!!!!) and one is from my Mum. I suspect there could be trashy magazines in that one. Life is good.
Only 2 weeks tomorrow til Mum arrives!

4 Comments:

  • Hi Rosie, Happy Birthday!! have a great day xxx

    By Blogger Selena, at 4:28 pm  

  • happy birthday rosie!! hope you had a great day! enjoy time with your mum.

    By Blogger J, at 9:24 am  

  • hey Rosie! Happy Birthday! I have a "That's Life" for you, I brought back from Osaka cos I thought it could be of use to someone up there in Hagi!! Will get it on to you soon!

    By Blogger Selene, at 5:59 pm  

  • thanks all, you rock. Had a brilliant day - Gav email has gone thru hope you get it. Don't start quoting the Bob at me!

    By Blogger Rosie, at 2:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home