Rosie in Japan

Friday, November 17, 2006

Potato and Conger Eel Mille-Feuille (thousand layers pastry)


What do you reckon? We've just had a meeting with the restaurant doing the AJET Christmas Party. I'm glad to (cautiously - no jinxes!) report that it seems to be going really well so far. But I think I'll be removing this French-Japanese "fusion cooking" item from the menu. JETs want carbs to soak up their bevvies! More pizza I hear you cry.

We are having it in Hagi this year at San Marco. What can I say - great food, homemade ice-cream and lots of people to share around the overflow of guests. I am really looking forward to it.

November/December is so busy. There are Thanksgiving dinners, Xmas parties and Dan and I are off for our dream trip to New York. I am feeling like a very lucky girl these days. I am trying to live in the moment and enjoy everything to it's fullest. Seems so simple but it's a challenge.

I genuinely love autumn - there is something so cosy about the red and orange leaves and sunny afternoons. I hope I get time to ride my bike around Hagi while it's still looking so nice.

I miss everyone. I hope you are having a good day wherever you are.

A special mention to Miss Demi who turned terrible two last Sunday. I sang Happy Birthday four times to her on the phone. She is talking a lot and I can't wait to catch up with her soon for a bit of a yarn.

Rosie xox

1 Comments:

  • Hey Rosie-
    I will be in NY this holiday season. I hear you may be in town...I know a great little izakaya with $1.50 beers ;)

    By Blogger Victoria, at 12:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home