Rosie in Japan

Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm Alive!

mumbled apologies about abandoning my blogging duties of late...

I think my lack of blogging is sub-conscious upset about everyone leaving over summer. It's just not the same anymore(!), I thought.

But enough of the histrionics. I have taken on lots more work recently and I'm busy every night after work except Mondays. I really like it and I'm learning heaps. A new perspective can do you a world of good. It was with that thought in mind I went off to Hiroshima on my own yesterday. I got all the housework done on Saturday and thought I would have a "me" day on Sunday. My first year in Japan I didn't like travelling alone - much easier to translate in a team! So it was a treat to be anonymous and sip my Starbucks in quiet contemplation. I shopped til I dropped, including...






this sexy black 30GB iPod. My old one that I'd only had a year or so stopped working. I moaned and groaned about how stupid I would be to go and drop another load of money on yet another iPod. But I did it anyway. The prospect of flying to New York and back without music/podcasts/video did it to me finally. I love it but I'm still bitter!

Last night the spell of warm, sunny weather broke and it rained. I've been in a really weird mood today and I think that was it. It's only November and already I've got Seasonal Affective Disorder!

But anyway, what I really wanted to say was this: There is a fork in the road. And I've chosen which fork I'm going to take.

3 Comments:

  • What fork! to fork off or to forking stay another year? is that what u mean??hehe. could not resist that. anyway gossipsama.. you are back to the blogging world welcome!! glad u had fun in hiroshima... its good to have a me day sometimes... i love to travel alone.. it can become quite addictive to have that freedom!!never lose the love of the blog.

    By Blogger bec, at 3:20 pm  

  • rosie! glad to have you back in blogdom. ^_^ well jealous of the new ipod-sugoi kakoii!
    if you're forking back over to this side of the equator, sydney waits for you xx

    By Blogger Kat, at 8:46 am  

  • which one?

    By Blogger Pauline, at 9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home