Rosie in Japan

Saturday, July 29, 2006

In New Zealand

Yep, folks, I have arrived back in Aotearoa and this is where I'll stay until August 13th. Everything has gone really smoothly, have not been arrested for trying to smuggle in cooking sake (does that qualify as a food?) or lost my passport. I have, however, displayed an alarming inability to re-adjust into my own culture.

1) Keep saying "sumimasen" to random strangers
2) Bought a phone card to call home, had to have the lady come and show me how to use it. All the buttons were in English!
3) Stood to attention when someone yelled "minna san..."

And I'm only at the airport. Can only get worse from here.

Next stop Wellington.

5 Comments:

  • Rosieeeeeee come back!! I can't cope with Dan's advances. Please come back!!

    Have a great time x

    By Blogger mashio spillip, at 10:54 am  

  • Rosie - I am also lost in Japan!!! How do you place the video in the blog? Please let me know - imatos2@yahoo.com Thanks,

    By Blogger Iddya & Orlando, at 7:53 am  

  • I miss you guys. I can't wait to hear about the girls. Post lots of photos. I am thinking I should try to visit next year. We'll see though.

    By Blogger Turning Japanese, at 9:34 am  

  • ahhh so near yet so far in Sydney! Hope you have a fab time mate, looking forward to hearing about it all. i'm finding it all a bit mad too! xx

    By Blogger Kat, at 4:29 pm  

  • Oh please come back to us Ms Rosie!!!

    Post photos of your babies. Give us the gossip. Make me feel intouch with the Guch.

    Missing all and everyone. Lots of love

    E

    By Blogger Turning Japanese, at 7:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home