Rosie in Japan

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Melaka

I now know what it is like to arrive in a place with nowhere to stay and panic and think "shit!"
But it all ended up okay in the end...how were we to know tomorrow was a national holiday and Melaka would be booked to the gills.
More depressingly, we have ended up with a lovely room (with balcony, costing only 700 yen a night!) in a guest house run by the guys 14 year old daughter. I mean she runs the place from the giving out of the keys to the laundry service. And she speaks perfect English. Different accent? No problem. She has bought into sharp contrast just how much my students can't speak English. I shouldn't moan because the poor use of English in Japan means I get a job there. With a salary and nenkyu to go to Malaysia...
So tonight - night market in Chinatown, get a bite to eat, some beers and bargain down the prices. I am trying to convince Dan to stop for another reflexology foot massage. My goal is to have one daily. So far, so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home