Rosie in Japan

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Kuala Lumpur

We are here and settled into the Lonely Planet (thanks Megan) guide's top pick for budget accomodation. The people are friendly and speak English. I regard this suspiciously as I'm just not used to it. But it is a refreshing change to see women in saris, women in headscarfs, broken down cars, people randomly smiling at strangers, garlic naan....

Miscellaneous facts so far:

*We have spent less so far in a day and a night in KL than we spent on our hotel room in Fukuoka.

*You can get real beer, pies and fish n chips at Finnegans.

*The pharmacy sells real brands that we have at home.

*The Petronas Towers may not be THE tallest in the world but are beautiful and really amazing up close. Plus you can go on a shopping mish in the depeartment stores inside.

*You can get a foot massage anywhere.

We are booked into our hostel for one more night and then hopefully tomorrow we'll be on a bus down to Melaka. Watch this space...

3 Comments:

  • Brilliant blog entry. Couldn't have put it better myself. Well, actually I did so please have a look.

    love Dan

    By Blogger Dan, at 12:28 pm  

  • I'm glad you approve of my version of events. Checking it out now...

    smooch

    By Blogger Rosie, at 5:03 pm  

  • I love how my lonely planet has been passed thru at least six hands now...yay for malaysia!! I miss it so much and *definitely* felt annoyed to be back in japan after such an amazing and different place. Tell me all about it--and show me photos so i can live vicariously thru you and transport myself back there. :)

    By Blogger megan, at 12:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home