Rosie in Japan

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Dan and I arrived back yesterday. Japan was a real shock and I found myself hating being back. I just about exploded with anger when I was twice directed into the "Foreigner" lane at Customs by well-meaning people. They didn't read the kanji that said Foreign Residents are processed in the same lane as Japanese. Dan told me they were just trying to be helpful, and as I was running on no sleep I took his word for it. But it really grated.

So after 18 hours of sleep and an afternoon watching the pirated DVDs we bought in Kuala Lumpur I'm feeling much better. I rang my Mum and Dad. I went to Mosburger. Life returns to normal.

It is really fun going through the bags of stuff and remembering everything I bought - the normal clothes and souvenirs and the weird I-live-in-Japan stuff like custard powder and Marmite.

I hope everyone had a great Golden Week and returns safely home. I can't wait for Photo Night!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home