Rosie in Japan

Friday, September 09, 2005

Reality Bites

Rolled into work pleased to hear that I would have no classes due to undokai (Sports Day) practice. Basically they are just doing the whole thing today and then repeating it on Sunday. Seems a little overboard to me. I haven't told them yet but I'm not coming at 9am on Sunday to watch, I'll be lucky to get here before lunchtime. Unlike everyone else, I don't get a day in compensation so they'll just have to lump it! Pub quiz and School Dayz party in Yanai on Saturday night has to take precedence.

Supposed to be planning a trip to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam this Christmas but can't be bothered. Hopefully due to the proximity of our last trip rather than a general lack of travelling bug. The thought of having to take anti-malarials just seems too hard. If only I could lie on a beach and have Angkor Wat come to me.

Really enjoying the newbies, as usual Yamaguchi have come up with a good bunch. It is really interesting to watch everyone get to know each other - the generalisations, the scandals, the possible romances, the naked onsen bonding.

Looking forward to camping and soccer tournaments this year. And the scandals.

2 Comments:

  • Come on my dear you can do it... Plan... It is so exciting when you start seeing pics of the places you will visit. I can't wait. Loz and I booked flights today. You'll have fun!

    By Blogger Turning Japanese, at 6:35 pm  

  • we never took anti-malarials when we went to Thailand or Vietnam...at that time of year... You'll be right!

    By Blogger Selene, at 9:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home