Rosie in Japan

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I Love Japan

Yep, it's official. Granted I am sitting here with an alcoholic beverage in my hand at the end of a rewarding and not too long day. Granted I have the house to myself tonight (Dan is drinking with other men on an island). But it's really sinking in, this is my home for the next couple of years and I'm loving it. I have been reflecting on what I'll be doing after JET and I realised then that I'm going to really, really miss this place when it's all over.

I just hope I can fully take advantage of everything Japan has to offer me and contribute as much as I can in my time here.

I'm going to try as hard as I can to not get caught up in the day to day yuckiness of life so much that I can't reflect and have gratitude for this chance to live here. I worked so damn hard all those crazy years in uni and now it has paid off. I don't have any career ladder ambitions. I don't care anymore! I really enjoy my job (despite the weird stuff) and I just want to suck up as much enjoyment from this period of my life and make it count.

Another bevvie, methinks!

1 Comments:

  • so... not this coming weekend but the next one in October - what have you got planned? Wanna head my way Friday night and then get the ferry over to Shikoku for a couple of nights? I have wanted to for about a year and now Kat Sarah and Christine are going (envy!). Wanna go?????

    By Blogger Turning Japanese, at 11:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home