Rosie in Japan

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Hagi Christmas 2005

That time has rolled around again. Looks like my wish for a White Christmas will come true, it is snowing on and off all the time. As most of my friends depart for either home or Thailand, we are once again preparing to gather together the stragglers of the ken for a Christmas Extravaganza in the north!
I have just finished the last of the baking, I have tins full of home-made brandy snaps and fruit mince pies. The Christmas tree is up, the stockings are hung, the presents are wrapped, the Christmas lights are pinned around the room. I can't wait!
Last year I felt really lost and guilty not being at home, but with a bit of practice I've got better and I'm prepared this time - Mum and I will video link up on the computer so we can have our very own virtual Christmas morning together. This year I've tried to turn the lack of ingredients into a positive and learned how to make everything from scratch. My first Xmas back in NZ I am going to soooo appreciate!
To everyone on holiday, friends abroad and my precious whanau, hugs for Christmas. Stay safe :)

2 Comments:

  • You were fab hosts last year and I'm sure it'll be just as good this time round! Thank god Yamaguchi has a Rosie and a Dan to look after everyone at xmas! ;) Enjoy yourselves X

    By Blogger Kat, at 6:59 pm  

  • Did Santa bring you everything you wished for? Hope you had a great Christmas celebration!

    By Blogger J-girl, at 9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home