Rosie in Japan

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

More Madness

So, we've all heard about the ALT who gets to class and has their existence made redundant by the stupid JTE who uses the CD player rather than the native speaker standing right there. Today I suffered the written equivalent.
Dear old doddery S-sensei lobbed a huge pile of 150 worksheets on my desk. She asked me to handwrite the word "shopping" on each one in the subject line. It was our topic for today at elementary school. Thinking, oh she forgot to write it in before she photocopied, I got on with the task.
Half way through she lobbed another stack of 150 worksheets onto my desk, hot off the photocopier. Muttering under my breath, I upped the pace so as to get it all finished in time for our next class.
So I'm handing out the worksheets in class and glance down. Something is not right. The handwriting looks shaky. I look a little closer. Sakuma obviously didn't like the way I wrote, and had gone back over each one, lengthening the stroke on my h's and p's. It looked unnatural and ridiculous.
What the *&%^?

1 Comments:

  • I hear you Rosie...I had one of my elementary school teachers say my writing was too messy today! He said 'they dont understand what you write'. A little ridiculous aye...Who the Fuck has written English for the past 25 years!

    Hehe, didnt have to write anything on the board though!

    Pete

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home