Rosie in Japan

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Welcome To Rosie's Japanese Adventures

Hi everyone and greetings from Nihon. This is my page to keep you posted on my rollercoaster of adventures here in Japan.
We have had another great weekend travelling around, some JETs Sarah (Ohio) and Christine (Vancouver) from up the coast came to stay on Friday night for some We-Got-Our-First-Pay celebration drinks. It was a really nice feeling, for most of us the most money for the least work we've ever done. Just wait til school starts in September! The beer is expensive but top shelf is cheaper than duty free, weird but good. Then on Saturday morning after some lazy shopping we drove to Hofu, about an hour and a half away on the other (southern) coast. There we met up with some JETs for a couple of games of bowling. I am pleased to report that Dan was the overall champion for both games. Bowling is nice and cheap in Japan, afterwards we all went out for nome hoddai/tabe hoddai which is all you can drink/eat for a set fee. It was a Vietnamese style barbeque where you cook your own meat on grills set into the table. Was nice to catch up with everyone else and keep up with the 'guchi goss.
Today, after yet more shopping, I have been preparing for our official Welcome Party tomorrow night. All Board of Ed staff will be there and teachers from each school we are going to. There will be an address from the mayor and we have been warned that Hagi Cable TV are coming to interview us. Hopefully I will be able to memorise some suitable Japanese by then!
Tonight I put a sweatshirt on for the first time in Japan, it dropped to a dangerously low 20ish degrees. We are hoping to get our car sometime this week, I would try and describe the million and one things that are required to purchase a car here but its too exhausting. I'm looking forward to zooming off whenever I feel like it. Until then I'm on my bike :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home